Thursday, August 12, 2010

PICTURES to go with the last post!!!

***Make sure you read the post that comes right before this***


The group of school kids that were climbing at the same time as us. We kept saying "if they can do it so can we" but look how difficult that last part started to become!


The shrine at the very very top of the climb.


Katie and I climbed up together so here we are commemorating the fact that we actually made it! Also, the fog/clouds had cleared out just enough to see the stuff behind us and I've put on my second layer.


A monk for the shrine at the very top.


Video of the first few seconds of the monk's blessing.

Katie took the same photo of me with her camera. This plaque is located right beside the shrine. That fog behind her is actually the edge but as you can see we made it to the highest point at 3003m.


Third and final layer put on for the windy ceremony at the top.


One last photo of the mountains before we get on the bus.


This was taken from the bus. It kind of reminds me of the Blue Ridge Parkway.


Tired, aching feet and my amazing new shoes that got me all the way there and back again (hehehe I hope Bilbo Baggins didn't trademark that phrase).



The rest of the photos are of this morning's sunrise. It was fantastic!!! I find that it's rather hard to believe that a typhoon might be coming.





1 comment:

Dad said...

Glad to hear you made it down the mountain safe. Hope you have a small typhoon, if there's such a thing.